Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Super Furry Animals



They sure don't give you even a wee taste of their music on their site. But...you can listen to their live appearance from this morning on KCRW: Morning Becomes Eclectic.

Super Furry Animals played a couple of Wednesdays ago at La Zona Rosa (Wed Nov 16). This I know because I was hanging out at the Backstage (the bar connected to LZR) the next night, as my friends were waiting to go see MMJ Thursday night. In walked a man (almost a boy) and he had forgotten his credit card at said bar from the night before due to the fact that he was partying on the SFA tour bus all night. Funny thing though, my coworker also said she ended up on the SFA tour bus the night before. These guys must be pretty laid-back and cool...and sorry I'm one of the few who missed the after-party on the tour bus!

There must have been something in the air, though, cuz that next night, my friend slept in her truck right outside the door of the Backstage/La Zona Rosa after the MMJ show. Perhaps the only thing in the air was too much whisky. But hey, I like it that way...

No comments: