Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Aqualung



I don't usually like sad/slow songs. Mostly because they make me want to just slit my wrists (see: Elliot Smith). Anyways, this fella from Aqualung actually has an interesting approach, and you slowly realize that this sad song has suddenly turned happy with its uplifting pitch and newfound hope:
(If you can't open this link, just go here and stream online.)

I never understood before
I never knew what love was for
My heart was broke, my head was sore
What a feeling

Tied up in ancient history
I didn't believe in destiny
I look up you're standing next to me
What a feeling

What a feeling in my soul
Love burns brighter than sunshine
Brighter than sunshine
Let the rain fall, I don't care
I'm yours and suddenly you're mine
Suddenly you're mine
And it's brighter than sunshine


If you were with me and caught them/him* earlier this summer at the Parish, it was probably a better show than the one that's tonight @ the McCullough Theatre, but that really is just my opinion. I prefer more intimate venues, and I don't like being told which seat I have to sit in.

*Matt Hales leads the band, but his brother is also in it, Ben Hales playing guitar and getting none of the limelight. I mean none at all. But Ben's tour diary is awfully funny. And bitter. Just how I like my men:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this person has dead animal skin around his face. dead animal skin is only appropriate when it's been de-haired & used for shoes or purses or belts.